Networker

Re: [Networker] Save set messages question

2008-12-30 15:01:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Save set messages question
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:57:57 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] Save set messages question, yazzu said (at 2:15pm...:

So this is what I have so far:

bat file:
nsradmin -i c:\path\completion.txt "c:\path\message.txt"

Check the command reference guide (available as a PDF from
powerlink.emc.com).  nsradmin is essentially seeing

  nsradmin -i this_is_my_input_commands I_dont_know_what_this_is

Assuming the last argument (c:\path\message.txt) is meant to capture
the *output* from what nsradmin does, you probably want to use some type
of output redirection.  IIRC, Windows supports the ">" to redirect to a
file, so try

  nsradmin -i c:\path\completion.txt   >  "c:\path\message.txt"

input file:
show completion
print type:nsr group;name:groupname

You're on the right track.  nsradmin can be a little intimidating at first
(I'm still intimidated by the "update" subcommand, and I've been using
NetWorker for 12 years), but as long as you're only doing "show" and
"print" you can't do any harm, so experimenting with this powerful tool
will pay dividends in the future.

Tim
edu