Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.4.3 Storage node on HPVM

2008-12-30 09:23:51
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.4.3 Storage node on HPVM
From: "Smith, Al" <Al.Smith AT TIMET DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 07:12:12 -0700
Hello,
 I have an SL500 LTO3 tape library connected to an HP Integrity virtual
machine. I have presented the library up to the virtual machine and it's
detected and I run an inquire and a sjisn and get all the proper
details. However I cannot auto configure it through the NMC like I could
do when the host was a physical machine.

 But the heart of the matter is once it's configured after about 3
minutes or so of use it no longer becomes ready because "The jukebox is
no longer being managed by nsrclpd"

Does this happen because of some sort of timeout? The daemon.raw on the
storage node and the nsr host don't really show any information on why.

I am still somewhat new to networker so I am still cutting my teeth on
it.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Al Smith
Network and Systems Administrator
Hewlett Packard Certified Systems
Administrator Red Hat Certified Technician