Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgradation to Networker 7.5

2008-12-30 07:05:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgradation to Networker 7.5
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 07:00:56 -0500
> From: opopanax <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 03:23:06 -0500
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: [Networker] Upgradation to Networker 7.5
>
> hi,
>
> we are currently having nsr 7.3.2 and we want to upgrade to 7.5. Is this
> possible directly or do we have to upgrade to like 7.4.3 and then to 7.5?
> What are configuration files should I save before upgrade ? Can you give me a
> list of standard procedures to follow for upgrade?

I encourage you to read the 7.5 Release Notes. The answers to most of your
questions can be found in the release notes. You can download them from
http://powerlink.emc.com

Specific tips depend somewhat on the OS and hardware configuration of your
NetWorker data zone. If you can set up a test environment, do that and get
to know 7.5 and the new NetWorker Management Console prior to deploying it
in production.