Networker

[Networker] Backup Groups Hanging

2008-12-22 12:17:56
Subject: [Networker] Backup Groups Hanging
From: ee01akk <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:15:19 -0500
Here is the output from the nsrjb command.  As you can see is says "Not ready
to accept commands".  Does this point to a hardware problem?  As I said I've
rebooted the library and restarted the EMC and Legato services on that box.  I
will restart the actual box soon.

The tapes and the changer are all visible in the Device Manager and don't
indicate any problems.

C:\Documents and Settings\Maxima>nsrjb

Jukebox MSL5000: (Not ready to accept commands)
  slot  volume                              pool                barcode
volume
id        recyclable
     1: CGE538S(R)                          ACE CLONING POOL    CGE538S
2816122
658       yes
     2: CGE599S                             ACE CLONING POOL    CGE599S
2281188
846       yes
     3: CGE543S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE543S
1682377
242       no
     4: CGE603S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE603S
3259176
137       no
     5: CGE587S(R)                          ACE CLONING POOL    CGE587S
1022421
35        yes
     6: CGE551S(R)                          ACE CLONING POOL    CGE551S
3308288
132       yes
     7: CGE530S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE530S
3896613
811       no
     8: CGE524S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE524S
2521227
713       no
     9: CGE527S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE527S
2889903
525       no
    10: CGE541S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE541S
3141555
798       no
    11: CGE601S(R)                          ACE AD HOC FOREVER  CGE601S
4214184
183       yes
    12: CGE553S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE553S
2034089
089       yes
    13: CGE547S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE547S
8928933
82        yes
    14: CGE549S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE549S
7758804
00        no
    15: CGE539S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE539S
3258820
390       yes
    16: CGE532S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE532S
3978601
688       yes
    17: CGE545S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE545S
5446776
2         no
    18: CGE536S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE536S
1950808
363       no
    19: CGE531S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE531S
2839655
495       no
    20: CGE540S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE540S
3628264
870       no
    21: CGE529S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE529S
3577075
521       yes
    22: CGE533S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE533S
3761889
274       yes
    23: CGE546S                             ACE GENERAL POOL    CGE546S
3141745
860       no
    24: Cleaning Tape (20 uses left)                            -
-

    25: Cleaning Tape (20 uses left)                            -
-

        *not registered in the NetWorker media data base

drive 1 (\\.\Tape0) slot  3: CGE543S
drive 2 (\\.\Tape1) slot 18: CGE536S

C:\Documents and Settings\Maxima>

So you recommend deleting and re-creating the jukebox is the next thing to do?

BTW, although it's pointing to a hardware issue, all drives and tape library
are online and working ok from Windows device manager.