Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup Groups Hanging

2008-12-22 11:23:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup Groups Hanging
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:21:32 -0500
This is definitely a hardware problem... There is something seriously
wrong with the communications between your server and the tape library,
hence the reason Networker keeps disabling the library, because the
number of errors it is seeing is exceeding an established threshold ...

Try deleting and re-creating the juke-box within Networker...

You also have to have settings on the pool to enable expired volumes to
be relabeled for another pool...

This IS NOT a retention problem.. A tape will not show as 'recyclable'
unless ALL the save-sets on the tape have been expired...