Networker

Re: [Networker] Client Removal

2008-12-18 15:34:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client Removal
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:33:29 -0500
Because its still has the clientID inbedded in the DB. Is the client server
name going to be exactly the same? What is the difference if you see the old
indexes? TO change the CLIENT id is to run the following mminfo command for the
client.

Mminfo -r"clientid" -q"client=clientname"

Once you have the unique clientid copy the clientid to notepad or write it
down. Delete the original client. In your hosts file create a dummy client. See
below for an example. The server does not have to exist.

Dummy 10.10.10.10

When you create this dummy client paste in the clientid from the original
client.

Now recreate your client again from scratch and it will be a new client with no
leftover indexes.

EDWARD COTY

LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA, NACP

WORK - 973-533-2098