Networker

Re: [Networker] command to change retention policy for save sets

2008-12-15 13:38:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] command to change retention policy for save sets
From: Bruce Breidall <Bruce.Breidall AT CONCUR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:35:00 -0800
What everyone is trying to tell you is that the commands to get the list
of saveset ids to delete is the mminfo, and the command to delete them
is nsrmm. The deletion is one ssid at a time, so it is up to you to
create a script that runs that iteration. There is no ability within NW
to do this for you, they just provide the tools to do it yourself.

I would suggest that you create an interactive deletion script to prompt
you for mminfo parameters, than create this "application" so it is
repeatable for the next client you want to do cleanup on.

Maybe someone on this list is kind enough to have something to offer
that you can copy, but if you made it this far, you should be able to
put together a simple application for this cleanup task. The archives
for this list have tons of examples if you look back a little.

Regards.