Networker

Re: [Networker] two clients with the same hostname / netbiosname

2008-12-11 06:49:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] two clients with the same hostname / netbiosname
From: Peter Viertel <peter AT VIERTEL DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 22:48:04 +1100
> is it possible to backup two different clients which have the same
> hostname
> but differend DNS suffix.
>
> example:
> I you're backing up with networker this client:
> server1.domain1.com
>
> can you then add another client with this name:
> server1.domain2.com
>
> When you add the second server1, you get promted that the alias server1 is
> already in use. Is there a workaround for this ?

I expect when you're adding the client you are leaving the aliases field
empty and networker therefore is populating it with the short name
automatically.

When creating the client record, try putting the full dns name into the
alias field of the client - if you put something explicit in, then it should
prevent NetWorker putting the short name there.