Networker

[Networker] EMC Networker / Celerra Data Mover - Can I share a TLU?

2008-12-09 04:08:38
Subject: [Networker] EMC Networker / Celerra Data Mover - Can I share a TLU?
From: bobalob <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 04:04:18 -0500
> HI Dave.
> One other gotcha. make sure you have separate pools for NDMP and non-NDMP
> backups. It isn't supported to have both types of backups written to the
> same media unless it is through a normal networker storage node.
>
> From admin guide
>
> NDMP and non-NDMP save sets on a single volume are not supported, unless
> the data is backed up to a NetWorker storage node.
>
> Cheers!
> Brendan

Thanks brendan, yes we are using seperate pools for NDMP and non-NDMP. We
generally have a seperate pool for each group we backup and NDMP backups are in
a seperate group.

> If this is a celerra gateway model, I hope you didn't zone in the tape
> drives to be shared with the disk. Not a good idea. You should be using
> the aux ports on the datamovers. If not, please disregard.
>
> FYI.

Thanks Bruce, Yes it is a gateway model NS502G and we are using the aux0 port.
It's zoned on the switch using single initiator.

Thanks all again for your help on this one.

Dave.