Networker

[Networker] NetWorker 7.4.1 nsrjobFord problem

2008-12-06 17:40:10
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker 7.4.1 nsrjobFord problem
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 17:35:27 -0500
For the past two weekends, the nsrjobd process on my Solaris 10 sparc
NetWorker 7.4.1 server has been using up a lot of memory. Its at 8GB now.
The machine has 16GB of physical ram and 2GB total swap. Most of the swap is
free. Last Monday when I got to my office, this server's virtual memory was
fully utilized and nsrjobd was around 13GB.

Has anyone else seen this before? It seems to be doing backups fine, until
all the VM is used. On Monday morning, I killed the nsrjobd process and NSR
sprang back to life and the VM amd memory usage instantly returned to normal
and nsrjobd restarted.

I searched through PowerLink last week when this happened and all I found
was a document on tuning it, which I have already done.

If anyone has any ideas on why this is happening, please let me know.