Networker

Re: [Networker] Backups status. Information for customers of networker backup

2008-12-03 02:34:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backups status. Information for customers of networker backup
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 08:31:45 +0100
Thanks for your kind words.

In your case, the easiest way is running the reporter on ALL clients
(it will run it once) and then just link from an external html page
the clients you need.

If you want to dedicate web servers (or grant access to different users),
you can achive it at appache or IIS level following these basic steps :

create a temp dir
copy dir bin/images
copy dir data/<datazone>/clients/<client>
copy page data/<datazone>/clients/<client>.html
Rebuild an index by linking to all data/<datazone>/clients/<client>.html

At that stage, you can play with your favorite http server to grant/restrict
page access.

In next version I am currently working on, you will be able to send
xls based backup report to email recipient, customizing, at mailbox level,
the list of clients to add in the report.

Cheers

Th