Networker

Re: [Networker] How to upgrade Networkers to 7.4.1 SP3

2008-12-01 14:51:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to upgrade Networkers to 7.4.1 SP3
From: "Edward S. Marshall" <esm AT FNAL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:43:04 -0600
This sounds like a similar problem to one we had moving from 7.2.x to
7.3.x: nsrd would start, but wouldn't start anything else. Increasing the
size of the port range resolved the problem.

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm AT fnal DOT gov>
MIS Department Technical Services

             Roberta Gold
             <gold11 AT LLNL DOT GOV>

             Sent by: EMC                                               To
             NetWorker                 NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

             discussion                                                 cc
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
             RV.TEMPLE.EDU>                                        Subject
                                       Re: [Networker] How to upgrade
                                       Networkers to 7.4.1 SP3
             12/01/2008 11:31
             AM

             Please respond to
               EMC NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
              RV.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
               Roberta Gold
             <gold11 AT LLNL DOT GOV>

Two weeks age we tried to go from 7.2.1 to 7.4.3 on Solaris 9. Did
not work. "nsrd" hung at startup and never even started the other
NetWorker processes. We backed off 7.4.3 and installed 7.4.2.
Everything has been fine since. We will probably upgrade to 7.4.3
sometime this week ...

--
Roberta Gold
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory