Networker

[Networker] NetWorker Retention Policy Qs?

2008-11-25 15:52:44
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker Retention Policy Qs?
From: JGillTech <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:49:06 -0500
It almost seems as if the longest of the retention periods is used when backing
up.  Let me explain further:  I have a schedule associated with a group (which
specifies a clone operation) to kick off a full backup 1/mon with auto clone
for offsite.  I have two media pools, full and clone (can't put clones on the
same volume of course).  The full backup media pool doesn't have a retention
time specified, which means the client retention period should be used.  On the
other hand the clone pool does have a 1 year retention policy.  Seems like the
save set retention period is the longest of the three (client retent, clone
pool retent).  Something is wrong here!!

Further my mminfo command has these backwards.  Nowhere in my configuration did
I specify a 1 year retention policy for save sets, only clones of the save sets
via the clone pool retention attribute.

The real kicker is this:  The mminfo command on my full volume indicates the
clone retention is 1/1/2009.  The save set retention on the full volume is
11/2/2009.  The mminfo command on the clone volume indicates the clone
retention has a date of 11/2/2009.

What's going on here?