Networker

[Networker] NetWorker users group meeting announcement

2008-11-13 15:43:37
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker users group meeting announcement
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:39:20 -0500
Greetings everyone;

This is the second announcement for this meeting on December 9th.

The sign-up form is available now, so if you plan to attend, please go to
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=3WS2JfUyOHOAuWtE9mDDlw_3d_3d> and
sign up. The meeting is free, but in my previous email, I mistakenly said a
door prize would be offered, due to a misunderstanding on my part.

The agenda is as follows:

9:00 AM - 9:15 AM:     Welcoming Remarks
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM:    NetWorker Roadmap Presentation - Mickey Friedman, EMC
10:00 AM - 10:45:      Backing Up Through a Firewall
10:45 AM - 11:00 AM:   Break
11:00 AM - 12:00 Noon: Data Deduplication -Myke Yeskewicz, EMC
12:00 Noon - 1:00 PM:  Lunch
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM:     Preparing for a DR Exercise  - Conrad Macina and
                       Stan Horwitz
1:45 PM - 2:30 PM:     Implementing Encryption with NetWorker and its
                       impact on DR - Mickey Friedman, EMC
2:30 PM - 2:45 PM:     Break
2:45 PM - 3:30 PM:     Upgrading to 7.4 - Presenter: Children's hospital

The meeting is free, but registration is requested. We'll post a link to a
web-based registration form as soon as the details are finalized.

The details about the meeting venue are as follows:

The Joseph Stokes Jr. Research Institute
Abramson Research Center
3615 Civic Center Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA  19104

The meeting room is next to the elevators on the third floor. The guard in
the main lobby will provide you with a required visitor pass and direct you
to the conference room.

There is a train station in University City, about a 10 minute walk
from the building. Not all the trains go to University City, but if you
take the train to 30th Street Station (save your ticket stub) you can
grab the R1 or a local to get over to University City.  The schedule for
the local is here:
http://www.septa.com/service/sched/pdfs/UnivCity_weekday.pdf

When you get off the train, follow the crowd through the parking garage
and you will end up at the front of Children's Hospital.  Go to the left
and walk to the next light, make a right and Abramson is on your left.
You have to walk up into the court to get to the entrance.  Cross at the
crosswalk and the entrance is straight ahead.  The cafeteria opens at
7:30 for breakfast if you get here early.  Here's a link to the campus
map, the train station is behind Penn Tower.
http://www.chop.edu/about_chop/campus_map.shtml

The hospital has parking, at the Wood Center, which is in the same
court yard as Abramson, but it's expensive - $16.00 for the day.