Networker

Re: [Networker] Some client backups do not start / hang forever since upgrade to 7.4 SP 3

2008-11-12 01:40:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Some client backups do not start / hang forever since upgrade to 7.4 SP 3
From: Lars Nilsson J <lars.j.nilsson AT ERICSSON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:35:23 +0100
Re: Some client backups do not start / hang forever since upgrade to 7.4
SP 3:

I have noticed similar problems even with older 7.4 releases.

A client can hang forever even with retries 0 and a low timeout.

I have some linux/windows clients that listens with nsrexecd but they
probably doesn't start anything.

A hangning savegroup does also seem to affect the automatic staging
where I'm getting nsrstage processes
that doesn't end whenever I have a hanging client.

As  diskbackup was something new for me when I upgrading to 7.4 I'm not
shure how it has worked
in older versions.

/Lars Nilsson