Networker

[Networker] Windows upgrade from 7.3.3 to 7.4.3 removes networkr.cfg fil

2008-11-10 11:24:24
Subject: [Networker] Windows upgrade from 7.3.3 to 7.4.3 removes networkr.cfg fil
From: psoni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:22:36 -0500
Hi,

I am also planning to upgrade the Networker from 7.3.3 to 7.4 SP3 in MS windows
environment.

I was checking on the known issues  with EMC agent and i have been told that  "
on Windows from 7.3.x to 7.4 SP3 will delete networker .cfg files,so workaround
will be to rename it to .old and then run the upgrade

But the strange thing is , i could not find networker.cfg files on any of the
hosts even though i have directives applied to couple of servers in NMC.

Did you backup any files or folders before performing this upgrade on the
networker server/ storage node / clients  ?

I haven't done the networker upgrade in the past so i am bit scared.

Let me know if there any are other known issues that you have experienced.