Networker

Re: [Networker] Changing NMO client license type from Z35 to D35

2008-11-09 19:47:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Changing NMO client license type from Z35 to D35
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 19:44:03 -0500
Talk to EMC licensing. They re-issued us a D35 license.

On 11/9/08 7:08 PM, "David Koch" <David.Koch AT NEWCASTLE.EDU DOT AU> wrote:

Hi All,

We have moved back-up servers from a V890 (sol 10 u2) to T5220 (Sol 10 u5) and
from Networker 7.3.2 to Networker 7.4.3.

An issue we have is with Oracle NMO clients where, for whatever reasons, under
7.3.2 they were working with an NMO license type Z35 (Windows), rather than D35
(UNIX).   On the new server we do not have any Z35 license types, but we have
plenty D35 license enablers, and we only run Oracle on UNIX.   How do we make
the client UNIX machine pick up a D35 license type where it is determined to
pick up a Z35 license type ?

Powerlink esg64398 (
http://solutions.emc.com/nsepn/webapps/stqv768481dmts46655278/EMCSolutionView.asp?id=esg64398
 ) suggests:

"For the failing NMO client that is generating this error message,

 a) Copy down the configuration information for the NMO client resource
 b) Remove the NMO client resource
 c) Remove the NMO enabler code
 d) Redefine the NMO client
 e) Perform NMO scheduled backup. This should generate a message stating that
there is no NMO enabler code
 f) Add NMO enabler code
 g) Perform NMO scheduled backup.  "

This is a lot or work if you have multiple SaveSets defined.
Has anybody discovered an easier way to coerce the client to use a D35 license
type rather than a Z35 license type?

Thanks in advance,

David Koch
IT Infrastructure Services