Networker

Re: [Networker] Cleaning media expired : Dell ML6000

2008-11-09 03:42:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cleaning media expired : Dell ML6000
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 19:38:47 +1100
The problem here is that your cleaning cartridge really has expired -
the drive can tell this by querying a RFID chip in the tape cartridge
and is reporting this back to legato via the scsi CDI mechanism and also
your library is being told (the RAS ticket).

You need to put in a new tape first of all.

Secondly - if you use partitioning on the library then networker is only
going to see those partitions it is configured to see and on a library
like yours you can set up autocleaning in the library and have the
cleaning tape owned by SYSTEM instead of any one partition.

If this is the case then I would suggest turning off networker
autocleaning and allowing the tape library to manage cleaning alone.