Networker

Re: [Networker] Unable to add a new client

2008-11-07 15:01:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Unable to add a new client
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:58:44 -0500
No - This is a new client altogether.... A new DNS name that has never
been used before...

The admin is now looking into teaming the NIC cards so it can use one IP
address instead of the 4 he currently has it configured for.

Why in the world does Networker DEPEND on reverse DNS ? Security ? I
guess they never envisioned multi-homed clients such as this... If
reverse DNS is a feature, what are the advantages ??

What I need is a switch on the client definition to disable it on a per
client basis ....