Networker

[Networker] Cleaning media expired : Dell ML6000

2008-11-07 12:06:20
Subject: [Networker] Cleaning media expired : Dell ML6000
From: psoni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:05:59 -0500
Hi,

I am using Networker 7.3.3 with Dell ML6000 tape library with 4 IBM LTO-3
drives.

Slot # 122 has been configured as cleaning slot and auto cleaning is enabled in
the networker.

Networker management Console (NMC) shows that 18 uses are still left with the
cleanig tape but properties of tape drives have " expired cleaning media " as
tape critical meassage under " volume " tab.

On ML6000 web client , i found the follwing

[1]RAS ticket : Cleaning media has expired

[2] "Setup > Cleaning slots" have # for cleaning  slots : none  and
     auto cleaning : disabled

I know that cleaning feature can be managed by either web client or the backup
application ( networker in this case)

Questions:

[1] How to see partition info in the networker ?

[2] Will the same cleaning tape be share among all the partitions?

[3] What is the procedure to replace cleaning media in the networker ?

Thanks
-Parth