Networker

Re: [Networker] Client install issue on Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9

2008-10-30 21:04:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client install issue on Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:01:38 +1100
Hi Matt,

On 31/10/2008, at 07:07 , Matt Powell wrote:

I have a machine I am testing Legato 7.4 backups on . I have a Solaris
server that is running Legato 7.4 sp2. I got the client installed but it didn’t put any of the correct stuff there. It added a startup in the run level 3 rc directory. It didn’t however install a file there named networker that has the pointer to call the nsrexecd service. It does not have a /nsr directory off of root either. We tried to un-install this and re- install and it still had the same problem. Anyone on this list ever see this kind of thing or have any trouble backing up Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9. Any
help would be most appreciated.

The /nsr directory is not created on Linux clients until the first time you start NetWorker. The directory is structure is fleshed out at this point.

I have seen scenarios where the /etc/init.d/networker script _goes missing_; there is a long-standing "bug"/"feature" whereby if you issue an rpm upgrade, as opposed to a clean uninstall/reinstall, the / etc/init.d/networker script is deleted.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=AU6396&isbn=9781420076394&parent_id=&pc=

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com