Networker

[Networker] problems from upgrade from 7.2.2 to 7.4.3

2008-10-28 04:20:08
Subject: [Networker] problems from upgrade from 7.2.2 to 7.4.3
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 04:19:36 -0400
Joel/Peter, would you mind supplying a couple Solaris-related questions:

-> Sparc or x86?
-> What rev was installed (from /etc/release)
-> What patch cluster you last installed

I'm preparing a new SN and Server using Sol-10-Sparc, and right now we've only
qualified the May-08 cluster against the Aug-07 release (which in theory would
make the kernel like the May-08 release anyway).

I'm also looking at turning off TCP Fusion, for safety's sake.  It would not
surprise me if that's part of the TCP issues mentioned in the thread.  I can
supply the change required if anyone needs it.

>From our new SN (which is going live in two weeks, under 7.1.3 for now):

foo# cat /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 8/07 s10s_u4wos_12b SPARC

foo:/# uname -a
SunOS foo 5.10 Generic_127111-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440

Hopefully the Veritas import test *works* this time.  :)

Joel - I'm a bit concerned about the index issue.  We have systems here with
very long retentions, and God help me if I have to nuke one of those indexes to
fix a problem.  How did you track down which index was at fault?  And I also
want that bugid.  :)

--TSK