Networker

Re: [Networker] problems from upgrade from 7.2.2 to 7.4.3

2008-10-24 04:39:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] problems from upgrade from 7.2.2 to 7.4.3
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:34:40 +0200
Peter Viertel wrote:
That might have been my case. We had almost all of the symptoms you described on 7.3.4. The case ran along for months before we looked at the os. The answer turned out to be a bug in the solaris 10 network stack which was introduced by a patch around last feb. We patched the os up to recommended cluster for august08 and hey presto all the probs went away. We expected it to fix our problems with backups of some windows clients but it also fixed the problem we had with savegroups hanging at the end, acsls silos getting mixed up inventories and nmc losing track of sessions etc. Basically any process that uses tcp sockets to talk to others was being impacted even if they were on the same host.

  Can you send us the output of 'showrev -p' ?

  Did it fix the 'owner notification' problem as well ?

--

-- Yaron.