Networker

[Networker] Problem backing up a Linux cluster

2008-10-23 11:53:59
Subject: [Networker] Problem backing up a Linux cluster
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:50:11 -0400
I recently set up my NetWorker 7.4.2 Red Hat Linux server to back up a dual
node Red Hat Linux AS cluster. The cluster node has two client resources;
one with an "All" saveset to back up all the locally mounted volumes and one
with the saveset field set up to back up three volumes that are shared
between the two cluster nodes.

The problem is that when I back up this cluster, I can't get any mminfo
information on it. Each backup kicks off a full because NetWorker thinks it
has never been backed up yet.

This is the only Linux cluster I have at my site so I have no examples to go
by. What should I look at in order to fix this issue?