Networker

Re: [Networker] problems from upgrade from 7.2.2 to 7.4.3

2008-10-23 10:30:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] problems from upgrade from 7.2.2 to 7.4.3
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:26:21 -0400
We recently upgraded from 7.2.2 to 7.4 SP2 and have also experienced the
issue you refer to in item #4: "savegroups are not finishing and the
jobs that are just hanging", when I check in the morning on our
savegroups, some still show as running, with a few saves sets waiting to
run that are in the 'contacting client' state, but no save-sessions are
running... It will sit like this until I manually abort the group and
then re-start it. If I do nothing, it causes the next days attempt to
run the group to abort with 'savegroup still running'... Which has
caused us big problems on the weekends as we have no operators with
enough Networker smarts to monitor the groups on a daily basis and take
corrective action if something does not complete...

Is there any way to make a savegroup stop after a specific time period ?
Say 23 hours & 30 minutes... If it has not completed, I want it to stop
so the next days attempt of it can at least be started .....

I've also experienced some small problems with the 'Owner Notification'
on a few clients. I have it setup to use BLAT to send e-mail to
interested parties, but it only seems to work when the group completes
normally on its own, never when the group has to be manually aborted...
And it NEVER logs the sending of the e-mail in the daemon.log like it
used to do ???  What's up with that ??? Why are these events not logged
as they were before ???