Networker

[Networker] rpc-error while recovering

2008-10-21 10:22:53
Subject: [Networker] rpc-error while recovering
From: "Lentes, Bernd" <bernd.lentes AT HELMHOLTZ-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:09:54 +0200
Hello,

i'm trying to make a desaster recovery on a linux box (Novell SLES 10 SP2).
My idea is to boot with knoppix 3.9, install the legato-client from a debian
package, and connect to the server.
Right to this point it's working. When the recovery begins, i got the following
error:
------------------
nwrecover: RPC error: RPC receive operation failed. A network connection could
not be established with the host.
nwrecover: falling back to old retrieve.
nwrecover: RPC error: RPC receive operation failed. A network connection could
not be established with the host.
While googeling i found the hint to restart nsrexecd. I did this with killall
and started it again, but this does not help.
We have Legato client ver. 7.2.2

Any ideas ?

--
Bernd Lentes