Networker

Re: [Networker] Same save sets failing w/ "cannot connect to the mover&

2008-10-20 12:17:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Same save sets failing w/ "cannot connect to the mover&
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:14:36 -0500
Hello,
You can turn on NDMP debug on filer side by "ndmp debug 70" right now it
may be set to zero, watch the log make sure you got space.Make sure to
reset back to zero when done debuging.Test with smaller saveset\volume
first.
Is your filer heavily used, are you able to backup smaller savesets\volume
without issue, can you verify if tape drives are still showing up as
expected " sysconfig -t"
Has any thing changed on the Networker server side recently with NDMP
client definitions?
Have you checked FC paths to the filer Tapes to make sure they are not
oversubscribed or having any errors ( assuming you are FC attached)?
HTH

jfish <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
10/20/2008 11:04 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Same save sets failing w/ "cannot connect to the mover&

Fazil,

Thanks - here's what I have: (by the way, this morning's outcome shows
different savesets failing, which ruins my consistency theory)

Solaris 9 release 9/05, kernel 122300-19

NDMP array:
not defined

NDMP setup
netapp is a client and a storage node, w/ 2 LTO4 direct fiber attached

NDMP options
HIST=y
DIRECT=y
UPDATE=y
EXTRACT_ACL=y

NDMP version
4

vols 1 2 3 and 4 comprise one filer

need help on turning on debugging

Legato logs:
seems to abort after any amount of data is dumped; sometimes a lot,
sometimes a little.

Saveset fails w/:

savegrp: suppressed 2 lines of verbose output
42738:nsrndmp_save: Data server halted: Failed to connect to the mover.
42617:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: Connection or IO Error.

42751:nsrndmp_save: Tape server halted: Error during the backup.
42617:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: MoveletOutput: Internal Error.

42913:nsrndmp_save: Save session closed with NW server successfully

nsrndmp_2fh aborted.
<ERROR>: Failed with error(s)

|This was sent by jfish AT csc DOT com via Backup Central.

type