Networker

Re: [Networker] Same save sets failing w/ "cannot connect to the mover" erro

2008-10-20 09:09:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Same save sets failing w/ "cannot connect to the mover" erro
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:06:35 -0500
Hello,
Could you provide more details on your backup environment, which OS is
your backup server on, which NDMP Array are you using ? what is your setup
like, what NDMP options have you used ?which NDMP version are you on, etc
Is vol1 on the same NAS as other vols ?
Have you tried turning debugging for NDMP on, can you summarize Legato
logs ?
Thanks

jfish <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
10/19/2008 12:06 PM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Same save sets failing w/ "cannot connect to the mover" erro

Doing NDMP backups w/ Networker 7.4.

vol1 is 3.1 T used / 4.5 total, 48,900 files,

vol2 3.4 T used / 4.5 T total w/ 3,950,000 files,

vol 3 2.3 T used / 2.9 total w/ 1,440,000 files,

vol4 is 2.9T used / 5.8 T total w/ 726,000.

vol1 is consistently failing the same save sets.

When I narrow down the backups to the "suspect" directories, the only
pattern I find is that the area jumps from the average file/terabyte for
the volume to four times that.  Of course, my lack of experience leaves
great potential for not knowing what patterns to look for.

As you can see, my other volumes have much higher file/terabyte ratios, so
this pattern I see may be meaningless.  Maybe it's the sudden change in
ratio on the same volume.  I've heard that quantity of files can be a
problem, but I've been told it's been fixed in recent releases.

|This was sent by jfish AT csc DOT com via Backup Central.

type