Networker

Re: [Networker] browse directories in Recover command

2008-10-15 15:06:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] browse directories in Recover command
From: Will Aymond <Wilbur.Aymond AT SHELL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:03:04 -0500
Apologies if this has already been stated, but have you tried this little
trick? (this is UNIX format, not sure if it's / or \ for Windows in recover)

recover> ls *.sh
script2.sh

recover> ls */*.sh
subdir/script2.sh
subdir/script3.sh

recover> ls */*/*.sh
subdir/secondsubdir/script4.sh
subdir/secondsubdir/script5.sh

This searches using wildcards.. works really well for me.. similar to a "find"
utility. In that the first checks the top level dir, second command, one level
down, and the third, two levels down.

Not exactly find, per se, but you get the trick, you can keep adding */ and go
down several levels..

Good luck,
 -Will