Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato directive issues

2008-10-15 14:48:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato directive issues
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:44:30 -0500
Hi,
Do you really need to have a directive for nsr folder ?
Also, why do you allow SQL folders to be all over the server ?
Does the directive work if you remove the first line ? ( Just have Skip
Directive)
Thanks

smain <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
10/15/2008 05:27 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Legato directive issues

Hi

We are trying to omit sql files with a *.mdf *.ldf extention, the
directive is set up like this but we are getting what looks like errors in
our backup reports, has anyone seen this before, can anyone offer any help
on how to get round this. The environment is Legato v7.4.2 on a linux
platform, backing up linux, unix and wintel, the errors are with the
wintel directive.

error = * norsql02.corp.acxiom.net:E:\ save: bad dir spec, line 0 of
C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\sd00001e

directive is
<<”C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\*”>>
     allow
<<"C:\SQL_Data">>
   skip:*.mdf
   skip:*.ldf
<<"D:\SQL_Data">>
      skip:*.mdf
   skip:*.ldf
<<"E:\SQL_Data">>
      skip:*.mdf
      skip:*.ldf
<<"F:\SQL_Data">>
     skip:*.mdf
   skip:*.ldf
<<"G:\SQL_Data">>
      skip:*.mdf
      skip:*.ldf

I have added the skip command to all drives, not sure is this is good
practice?
any help would be greatly appreciated

Steve

|This was sent by smain AT acxiom DOT com via Backup Central.

type