Networker

Re: [Networker] Selecting the first tape an nsrclone will need

2008-10-15 07:18:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Selecting the first tape an nsrclone will need
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:15:38 -0400
On 10/15/08 4:49 AM, tkimball wrote:
One caveat here - recovering from something happening in the middle of this
setup can be utter hell.  Plan for it...

--TSK
Thanks -- I already have had the joy of cleaning up clones that got blasted by various problems that required cycling networker in the middle of running them. The existing perl code I'm modifying, checks the clflags on the supposedly existing clone copies to make sure they are not bad -- if they are bad, it will schedule a new clone (and report the bad clone so I can nsrmm the bugger). So, I think I have it planned for -- time will (of course) tell.

Speaking of which... is there a "contributed code" place -- backup central? -- where things like this perl code would be welcome?

Frank