Networker

Re: [Networker] Move tapes offsite & autochanger

2008-10-14 07:53:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Move tapes offsite & autochanger
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 07:50:08 -0400
My experience with the library communications after upgrading from 7.2.2
to 7.4.2 has been greatly improved...
 We have a rebranded ADIC (Dell PV-136T) 60 slot library with 5 LTO-2
drives. As before, whenever I eject tapes out to the mail slots, those
tapes locations got cleared to blanks. But now when I import expired
tapes, I used to have to do a barcode inventory to get it to recognize
the tapes and their new location, but now it recognizes the barcodes
(and therefore the tapes too) as the tapes are being put into the slots
when I do an 'import' from the mail slots...
This save me the extra step of having to inventory the imported tapes...
Which makes my life easier...
I've also noticed since the upgrade that the library state seems to be
more monitored than it was before, as now I see messages to the effect
that the state of the library has changed or 'needs attention' or simply
'ready'... It never did that before the upgrade...