Networker

Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker

2008-10-09 14:14:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:10:08 -0400

Stan - Yes, to backup a vm with VCB you need the nw client installed on
the vm. :\

The VCB server itself is "the middle-man" used to backup VM's over the
san to networker using vmware's legato integration module. You most
certainly can backup an ESX server itself, however you cannot backup the
VM's that way (to my knowledge).

> How do I create a VCP proxy server? Where do I get those NetWorker
scripts?
> We did install the Vmware consolidated backup software on our Vmware
ESX
> server, so is that what you mean?

The VCB software get's installed on whatever machine you designated as
the proxy server for vcb - some apparently use their nw server, others
like us use a separate system.

> If your reply was not directed to me ... Never mind!

I think it was, but don't quote me on that. ;)

If you want some help with VCB , I have a word doc that I've started
that outlines the process using NW / vcb /esx etc etc...

Regards,
Jamie

type "signoff
> networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-
> request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list.
You can access