Networker

[Networker] "ALL" save set with predefined save sets excluded

2008-10-01 17:36:39
Subject: [Networker] "ALL" save set with predefined save sets excluded
From: Brian Monroe <brian_monroe AT DELL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:23:55 -0400
Is there any way to use the "ALL" save set in Networker, but have the
predefined save sets excluded from backup?

When the "ALL" save set is specified for a Windows client Networker will
attempt to backup predefined savesets: VSS ASR Disk, VSS System Fileset,
etc...

We want to set the save set to "ALL", but then have Networker skip these
predefined save sets via directive or any other means.  I wrote the
directives below.  Running a savegrp -n seems to indicate that it is
valid.  But running a full save shows that the savesets do in fact get
backed up.

We backup 1000's of servers and want to be sure that if a mount point/
drive is added without our knowledge it will still be backed up.

Thanks,
Brian Monroe

# Do not backup VSS predefined savesets
<< \"VSS ASR DISK\:\\\" >>                      # VSS predefined saveset
        +skip: *
<< \"VSS SYSTEM FILESET\:\\\" >>                # VSS predefined saveset
        +skip: *
<< \"VSS OTHER\:\\\" >>                         # VSS predefined saveset
        +skip: *
<< \"VSS USER DATA\:\\\" >>                     # VSS predefined saveset
        +skip: *
<< \"VSS SYSTEM SERVICES\:\\\" >>               # VSS predefined saveset
        +skip: *
<< \"VSS SYSTEM BOOT\:\\\" >>                   # VSS predefined saveset
        +skip: *

# Do not backup non-VSS predefined savesets
<< \"ASR\:\\\" >>                               # Non-VSS predefined
saveset
        +skip: *
<< \"SYSTEM STATE\:\\\" >>                      # Non-VSS predefined
saveset
        +skip: *
<< \"SYSTEM DB\:\\\" >>                         # Non-VSS predefined
saveset
        +skip: *
<< \"SYSTEM FILES\:\\\" >>                      # Non-VSS predefined
saveset
        +skip: *