Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker Client Woes

2008-09-30 16:48:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker Client Woes
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:43:18 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] NetWorker Client Woes, JGillTech said (at 10:50am...:

I am having some client connectivity issues.  I added my NetWorker
server to the hosts file on the client.  I ping the client from the
server and the server from the client.  I stumbled across two commands
that may be helpful... rpcinfo and nwinstcreate.

I've never used nwinstcreate, but I use rpcinfo often for debugging
RPC-based services.

 I used the rpcinfo
command from my server and received the following error:

rpcinfo:  can't contact portmapper:  352: Remote system error -
Connection timed out

That sounds like a firewall on the client.

Tim
edu