Networker

Re: [Networker] Relabeling a tape versus recycling - I'm confused?

2008-09-26 17:08:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Relabeling a tape versus recycling - I'm confused?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 21:06:20 +0000
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 04:22:21PM -0400, George Sinclair wrote:
> If you re-label a tape (not using the same volume name), what's the
> difference between doing it this way:
>
> nsrjb -s server -L -b pool_name -S slot
>
> and the answering 'yes' when it asks if you want to overwrite, versus
> running this instead???:
>
> nsrjb -s server -L -b pool_name -R -S slot

Oh, and if a tape is "recyclable" and is reused by networker, it does
the equivalent of the second one and automatically "relabels" the tape.

Also, I think the second will not prompt for confirmation only if the
volume is already recyclable.  If you use it to force an early relabel,
then it will prompt like the first will (unless you also have -Y).

--
Darren