Networker

Re: [Networker] Library Sharing

2008-09-25 23:19:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Library Sharing
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:16:54 -0400
Hi Pete,

I have exactly your situation. I have the networker server which controls the robotics and 14 tape drives spread across 7 storage nodes. I do not have DDS. This is a standard jukebox config. When you are running jbconfig, you just have to tell networker the path to the drive. If the drive is /dev/nst0 on storagenodea.domain then when prompted for that drive (jbconfig can't see the devices on the storage node, so you have to type it in by hand) you enter storagenodea.domain:/dev/nst0 and all is great.

Frank