Networker

Re: [Networker] Remove Volume Labels for Auto Media Mgmt

2008-09-17 14:45:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Remove Volume Labels for Auto Media Mgmt
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:41:23 -0400
Just make sure all pools are more specific than the scratch pool. For example,
on the scratch pool turn off all the save groups. Then on all the other pools,
turn on the save groups. When the backups happen they will go to the more
specific pools.

In the past, all retention periods were done at the client level, not the pool
level. That isn't intuitive nor does it work great with a  rotation by pools.
However with newer versions, retention can be specified at the pool level. The
documentation is pretty good. Take a look at the admin guide and the disaster
recovery guide.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
www.ox.com                | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139