Networker

[Networker] Remove Volume Labels for Auto Media Mgmt

2008-09-17 14:39:02
Subject: [Networker] Remove Volume Labels for Auto Media Mgmt
From: JGillTech <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:34:06 -0400
Matthew Huff wrote:
> Good question. You have to have at least the drives setup as matching in that
> pool, or you cannot use it. Networker uses the most specific pool that
> matches. The easiest solution is to not select any groups in the "scratch"
> pool, and do select all the saveset groups in your normal pool.

That assumes that I have only one other pool, correct?  I have an incremental
pool for servers, full for servers, incremental for workstations, and another
full for workstations.  I am just starting the configuring on this system.

I want to have a longer retention policy on the full backups.  How do I
configure the retention policy on the incrementals to differ from the full, or
vice versa?  I assume that I would set the retention policy on the client
resource and then change the retention policy on the media pool?