Networker

[Networker] Problem cloning across storage nodes

2008-09-12 13:20:22
Subject: [Networker] Problem cloning across storage nodes
From: opopanax <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:29:27 -0400
Hi,

We have a single data zone with one backup server, 1ms013 and two storage
nodes, 1ms020 and 1ms021. 1ms020 is connected via scsi to an SDLT library and
1ms021 via FC to an LTO3 library. both libraries have 2 drives each. the lto3
drives are shared as virtual NDMP library with the name btc5n001 on which ndmp
backups are taken. I made a backup of some user data on a tape in the 1ms021
lto3 library and Im trying to clone the savesets from that volume to SDLT media
on 1ms020 library. i used nsrclone command like this:

nsrclone -vv -s <backup server> -b <destination pool> -S <SSID>

The pools I am using are : source="Archive Pool" and destination="Default
Clone".

the output of the command is this:

Automatically copying save sets(s) to other volume(s)

Starting cloning operation...
...from storage node: btc5n001
NSR server ingbtcpic1ms013.code1.emi.philips.com: busy
nsrclone: waiting 30 seconds then retrying
NSR server ingbtcpic1ms013.code1.emi.philips.com: busy
nsrclone: waiting 30 seconds then retrying
nsrclone: nsrclone command has retried 2 times.
NSR server ingbtcpic1ms013.code1.emi.philips.com: busy
nsrclone: waiting 30 seconds then retrying
NSR server ingbtcpic1ms013.code1.emi.philips.com: busy
nsrclone: waiting 30 seconds then retrying
NSR server ingbtcpic1ms013.code1.emi.philips.com: busy
nsrclone: waiting 30 seconds then retrying

In the client config, I added 1ms020 as the only clone storage node. i dont
understand why its asking for tape from btc5n001 when that name is not
mentioned anywhere in the config.
how can i make the cloning process use 1ms021 to read the tape instead of
btc5n001?

Thanks,
opopanax.