Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning tapes from one library to another

2008-09-12 05:17:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning tapes from one library to another
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:05:20 +0100
Jonathan Walsh wrote:
Sorry, the brain isn't engaged this am.  I have a single installation of
NWR 7.4.2 with two SNs all on Windows 2003.  All hosts are backed up
across a backup VLAN.  There's an LTO4 jukebox locally which is the
where the backups write to.  Mon to Thu is an incremental backup and Fri
is a full.  There is a requirement to clone the weekly full backups and
move them off-site. My plan was to clone the tapes from the production
to DR jukebox and stream the data across over the Sat and Sun.  This is
where it falls apart as I can't get the nsrclone command to clone all
the fulls.

This may simply be a case of me being out of date on nwr but I'm sure
I've done it before...

You're still not explaining what we need to know. Where are the jukeboxes attached to? What is the source and target of the cloning? How are you attempting to control the cloning? What happens that makes you say this is not working?