Networker

[Networker] EDL with Embedded Networker Storage Node

2008-09-08 18:07:27
Subject: [Networker] EDL with Embedded Networker Storage Node
From: brerrabbit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 18:05:19 -0400
nwbazl wrote:
> We enabled the NetWorker embedded storage node on our EDL4106 en can see de
> configured drives in the NetWorker Management Console (NMC). Now we want to
> use the cloning option within the EDL, but we don't know how we need to
> connect or zoning the physical tape library. Do we need to connect the
> physical tape library directly to the EDL or do we need to connect the PTL to
> the SAN.
>
> Does anyone has a configuration example or documentation of setting up the
> EDL with NetWorker embedded storage node and a PTL for cloning?
>
> Thanks in advanced

You will need to connect the EDL to the SAN, and then zone the card to see the
drives in your library.  There are specific ports on the EDL to use, so consult
the documentation to see which ones are configured to be initiators.

The exact steps are different for each environment, but if you'd like to
discuss offline, I'd be happy to share our experiences.

The hardest thing we've encountered is that there is no user access to the
linux environment on the EDL, so you will almost certainly need to recruit EMC
tech support to assist you in confirming that the physical drives are
working/assigned properly to the embedded storage node.

HTH

brerrabbit