Networker

Re: [Networker] Multiple AFTD's -limitations?

2008-09-05 05:19:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Multiple AFTD's -limitations?
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 19:15:27 +1000
Hi Nick,

On 05/09/2008, at 19:03 , N.J.Tustain wrote:

Does anyone have experience of problems/limitations in networker when
using multiple AFTD's? Or other area's of consideration when increasing
the number of AFTD's.

We presently use 3 on one SN and 4 on the other. We are considering
increasing this number by at least one on each, maybe more and will be
buying extra drives to accommodate with staging/clonning.

What you're planning shouldn't present any real problems, so long as you have the bandwidth within the storage environment to accommodate the additional disk backup units - e.g., if they're being presented from a SAN, make sure that the SAN is going to be able to readily support the additional disk backup units.

I've worked with plenty of sites with a much larger number of disk backup units, both on the backup server and storage nodes, so there's no limitations as such with the number you're looking at.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy", due out September 17 2008:

http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=AU6396&isbn=9781420076394&parent_id=&pc=

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com