Networker

[Networker] AFTD volume best practice: maximum size?

2008-08-29 04:57:45
Subject: [Networker] AFTD volume best practice: maximum size?
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 04:56:01 -0400
Well, the largest AFTDs I have are just over 15 TB, and they've been happy
enough after 4 years.  However, they're VxVM/VxFS controlled (Sol 8 ).  I
considered larger, but due to initial choices on the block size I've hit the
max for now.

Since you mention ZFS, trying to 'shrink' the volume is not possible.  Do you
have enough disk to attempt to create a temporary, smaller AFTD ZFS pool and
transfer (perhaps using snapshots)?

--TSK