Networker

Re: [Networker] Testing recoveries

2008-08-28 09:09:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Testing recoveries
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:00:13 -0500
Hello,
In a way i am continuously testing recoveries, by the vertue of request
that come in for restores, a remedy ticket is generated with each  so
there is plenty of documentation on viability of restores.
HTH

"Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
08/27/2008 04:58 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Testing recoveries

I've been rummaging through the threads on this list and there have been
many that have talked about D&R and actually performing recoveries.
I've performed various recoveries as requested without much issue.

I have a new requirement to document and perform "practice" recoveries
to demonstrate the viability of backups.  This is not specifically a D&R
exercise as much as an assurance of good backups.  D&R is a separate set
of documentation and exercise.  So, with Linux and Windows clients,
weekly fulls and daily incrementals, what is a good frequency and set of
recoveries to go by?  Biannually, quarterly, monthly?  Alternate between
Linux and Win clients?

Patti Clark
Sr. Unix System Administrator - RHCT, GSEC
Office of Scientific and Technical Information

type