Networker

Re: [Networker] enabling compression

2008-08-27 05:10:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] enabling compression
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:07:24 +0100
kurianv wrote:
hi,
I found out that in my filer there is around 1.2 TB of data which needs to be
backed up. So when backing up , the same volume of data is shown in the tapes.
That is the volume used is also 1.2 TB. So it means there were nothing
compressed when the data was backed up.
I tried both the ways that is normal backup and another one NT with compressive
directives. But still it was of no use. Same amount of data.

What can i do over here?

Where are you looking to see how much data was backed up? If you compress on the tape drive NetWorker will still see the same amount of data, but it could still be compressed. NetWorker cannot know how much compression the tape drive has applied. You will only know when you see how much data was written to the tape when it becomes full.