Networker

Re: [Networker] How to query for a specific file?

2008-08-20 17:53:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to query for a specific file?
From: Will Aymond <Wilbur.Aymond AT SHELL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:50:26 -0500
Forgive me if I missed/deleted a proper response to this, but there's a much
easier way to do this...

Use command line recover instead of the GUI... go to the directory where you
*think* it should be and do:

versions filename

Where filename is the file you are looking for of course. You can also do this
at the directory level "versions ." and changetime to those dates when the
directory actually changed if you are unsure of the exact filename.. (e.g.
Years ago I once had someone ask me to find an excel file which they renamed to
a different extension other than xls, but couldn't remember the new extension,
the filename, or where the file was originally located)

I honestly haven't used the GUI in years for a restore, so it might be a lot
better than it used to be. But I know you can do this pretty easily from the
command line recover.

-Good luck.