Networker

Re: [Networker] Run a script when a group completes?

2008-08-14 05:05:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Run a script when a group completes?
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 19:02:10 +1000
trey85stang wrote:
I am kind of new to networker and I have a group (a few actually) that I would like to run a post script (on the networker server) when it completes.
Is this possible at all?  version is 7.4 if that matters.

Yes it's possible. You run the script from the savegroup completion notification. Actually you could create a new notification for this, and there are levels in the notification setting that you can tweak too. For instance you could run it only for failed groups, or only for successful groups etc.

The script can parse the text of the notification and act accordingly. For example you can extract the group name and do different things for different groups.

Much simpler suggestion, thanks Davina. I tend to think of savegroup completion notifications for email and monitoring, not from that perspective.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy", due out September 17 2008:

http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=AU6396&isbn=9781420076394&parent_id=&pc=

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com