Networker

[Networker] Oracle 10g ASM backup in NetWorker

2008-08-13 23:33:56
Subject: [Networker] Oracle 10g ASM backup in NetWorker
From: anandhg <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:29:11 -0400
Thanks for your response. We have databases with size 500GB to 4TB. The only
concern for me is, I am taking backup using NMO and the data is read from
production disk. Also if I increase the number of channels in the RMAN script,
it increases load on the production system.

Is there any roadmap from EMC in the PowerSnap module to integrate with Oracle
10g ASM. Or does Oracle has any other means of taking proxy backup for Oracle
10g ASM.