Networker

Re: [Networker] Required help on choosing hardware for LAN backups

2008-08-13 16:45:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Required help on choosing hardware for LAN backups
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:40:04 -0400
On Aug 13, 2008, at 4:54 AM, anandhg wrote:

Hi, we are running NetWorker 7.3.4 in our environment. I want to introduce a storage node mainly for LAN based backups. I am comparing the HP RX6600 and SUN T2000 as a storage node. Can you give me some recommendation on which hardware/processor would be best suited for LAN based backups. The daily backups will be approx 7TB. So I am planning to go with D2D2T using adv_file and staging.

What platform are you using for your NetWorker server?